CNC Plastic Machining
CNC plastic machining is a subtractive manufacturing process that utilizes computer-controlled equipment to remove excess material from plastic workpieces to achieve the desired shape and size. The use of computer software enables manufacturers to produce highly accurate and precise components with minimal human oversight without sacrificing quality. For these reasons, among others, the process finds use in many manufacturing projects.
At Advanced Industrial, we’ve provided high-performance plastic CNC machined parts and products to customers across a wide range of industries for over 25 years. This experience, combined with our state-of-the-art CNC machining tools and highly skilled machinists, helps us create even the most challenging machined shapes to tight tolerances.
CNC Machining Capabilities at Advanced Industrial
CNC machining is an ideal method of producing plastic components to tight tolerances. It allows us to make intricate and complex parts and products that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. We can work with a broad selection of plastic materials, including acetal, nylon, PEEK, PTFE, and more. Additionally, we can accommodate a variety of production volumes (i.e., prototype, small run, and high-volume quantities) and adhere to various industry certifications and standards to suit different customer requirements and restrictions (e.g., Mil-Spec, AMS, and RoHS).
Our expert machining team handles everything from design to machining to finishing to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions.
Our design capabilities include:
- Product design assistance
- Tooling selection
- Engineering consulting
- CAD/CAM designs
- Material selection assistance
Our CNC machining capabilities include:
- CNC milling
- CNC turning
Our finishing capabilities include:
- Edge finishing
- Other preparations for handling and use
Advantages of Plastic CNC Machining
Compared to other manufacturing methods, plastic CNC machining offers a number of advantages, such as:
Better Accuracy & Precision
CNC machining operations use computer software to control the motion and action of the machines and tooling. As such, they carry a lower risk of manufacturing error than manual manufacturing operations, which helps increase overall production accuracy and precision.
Broader Material Options
The CNC machining process can accommodate various plastic materials depending on the part and production needs of the project.
Lower Equipment Costs
Unlike injection molding, plastic CNC machining does not require the production of custom molds per part, which can be very expensive. As a result, it is generally the more cost-effective option for small to moderate production runs.
Since CNC projects are not contingent on the production of custom molds, they can often be started and finished much faster than injection molding projects.
Higher Product Quality
The high production accuracy and precision offered by the CNC machining process often leads to superior quality plastic components.
Applications for Plastic CNC Machined Parts & Products
Due to its numerous advantages, CNC machining is used to produce high-performance plastic components for a wide range of industries. For example:
- In the aerospace industry, it is used to prototype and manufacture various aircraft parts, such as ducts, fuselages, and rudders.
- In the automotive industry, it is used to prototype and manufacture automobile components from high-performance plastics, such as chassis, vents, switches, and gauges.
- In the healthcare/medical industries, it is used to create precision parts for medical equipment, such as surgical instruments, diagnostic equipment, implants, and much more.
- In the consumer goods industry, it is used to make pieces for a variety of consumer products.
- In the military/defense industry, it is used to produce parts of transportation vehicles, communication devices, and other military equipment that need to hold up in harsh environments.
- In the electronics industry, it is used to manufacture plastic components for mobile devices, switches, electrical insulation materials, and more.
- In the food and beverage industry, it is used to make high-quality parts for foodservice equipment that are durable enough to withstand long-term use and safe enough for contact with consumable goods.
- In the semiconductor industry, it is used to create intricate semiconductive components for electronic equipment, including transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits.
Plastic CNC Machining Solutions From Advanced Industrial
Many industries rely on CNC machining to produce plastic parts and products. The process offers high precision and accuracy, fast turnaround, broad material versatility, and more.
Looking for a manufacturing partner for your plastic CNC machined component needs? The experts at Advanced Industrial are here to help! We are a premier distributor and fabricator of high-performance plastic shapes and CNC-machined components. We have the knowledge, skills, and tools to develop and deliver quality solutions for customers in a wide range of challenging industries. To learn more about our plastic CNC machining capabilities or discuss your project requirements with one of our team members, contact us today.