Advanced Industrial manufacturers and distributes custom plastic shapes and machined components to meet the needs of diverse industries, including the semiconductor industry. We specialize in machining highly precise components using high-performance plastics that are vital to semiconductor applications. Our extensive selection of state-of-the-art machining equipment allows us to meet rigid design and tolerance requirements while handling production runs of any size.
Manufacturing semiconductors is a challenging process that involves corrosive chemicals, high temperatures, and other demanding elements. Advanced Industrial has decades of experience working with high-performance plastics that are vital to this industry.
The semiconductor industry is highly challenging. Semiconductor components are produced in highly demanding environments that present many manufacturing difficulties that must be carefully addressed. For example, the manufacturing process involves exposure to extremely high temperatures, requiring materials that can withstand these conditions.
There are also hundreds of chemicals involved in producing semiconductor components, a number of which are highly corrosive. Nitric acid, hydrofluoric acid, hydrochloric acid, ozone, and other chemicals are involved in semiconductor production and can cause unwanted corrosion to metal elements. Sourcing materials that feature low electrical conductivity and outgassing characteristics are challenges that certain types of high-performance plastics overcome. The semiconductor industry requires materials that feature several specific characteristics, including:
- Chemical resistance
- Creep resistance and stability
- Flame retardant and low thermal conductivity
- Electrically insulating
- Low particle generation
Semiconductor Industry Part Applications
High-performance plastic parts for the semiconductor industry have many applications. Advanced Industrial fabricates many components for this industry, including:
- Plastic Parts. We can deliver various custom plastic parts for the semiconductor industry with the utmost precision for optimal performance.
- Custom Bearings. Our custom bearings are designed for your specific application and offer long-lasting performance in a range of operating conditions.
- Custom Gears. We offer custom gears made from virtually any plastic material. Our gears offer high levels of precision at a lower price point than alternatives.
All of our plastic components meet or exceed the semiconductor industry’s requirements. Our parts are used in a wide selection of applications including:
- Bearings and bushings
- Chemical tanks
- Electrical insulators
- Flexible tubing
- Polishing rings
- Guards and shields
- Spin chucks
- Static control applications
- Test sockets
- Vacuum wand tips
- Valve components
- Wafer handling parts
- Wet benches and workstations
Advanced Industrial Materials for Semiconductors
High-performance plastics meet even the most highly demanding application requirements in semiconductor manufacturing. These materials perform well in extreme environments and provide excellent reliability. Advanced Industrial offers the following materials for semiconductor applications:
- PEEK. PEEK is a highly machinable plastic that is adaptable to a wide range of applications. It maintains rigidity at temperatures up to 250 °C (483 °F) and is suitable for use in ultra-high vacuum pumps. PEEK is flame retardant, creep-resistant at even high temperatures, and features low gas emissions. It can be modified to deliver electrically conductive or anti-static properties if desired.
- PTFE. Commonly known by its brand name Teflon, PTFE is extremely chemical resistant and stands up well to challenging and extreme environmental conditions. PTFE provides high-performing electrical insulation properties in semiconductor applications, is easily machinable, and is well-suited to high-temperature environments.
- Acetal. As with PEEK, acetal can also be modified for electrical conductivity and static dissipative properties. It delivers low friction, can be machined to tight tolerances, and provides good wear resistance. Acetal is available in several grades and stands up well in high-temperature environments.
Reliable Semiconductor Components from Advanced Industrial
At Advanced Industrial, we provide custom solutions for the semiconductor industry using the most reliable high-performance plastics. Our expert team can help you identify the best material to meet the strength, wear, and thermal demands of your semiconductor application. We produce durable components that stand up to the chemicals, abrasive solvents, and other challenges of this industry.
To learn more about our materials and product offerings for the semiconductor industry, contact us today.