Parts and machinery in the food processing industry require properties to handle facility conditions and exposure to foods. Materials must also be approved for use in food processing by agencies like the FDA and USDA. At Advanced Industrial, we offer high-precision plastic machining capabilities using a range of FDA-compliant food-grade materials. Our materials can perform in a variety of applications and meet the challenges of the industry.
Food Processing Industry Challenges
The food processing industry faces unique challenges in terms of industry compliance, shifting consumer demand, and quick turnaround times.
The food processing industry is strictly regulated by several governing bodies. Examples include:
- Non-toxic processing compliance
- FDA certification
- Compliance with Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- GMA-SAFE compliance
- FMA safety regulations
- ISO 9001:2015 certification
- BPA-free construction certification
At Advanced Industrial, we ensure that our precision machined plastic parts adhere to stringent food processing standards and requirements.
Changing Consumer Tastes
The industry must strive to keep up with the changing tastes of consumers. Consumer demand can shift rapidly, such as the trend toward healthier food and beverage choices in the last decade. Advanced Industrial can provide plastic parts for food processing equipment to help companies meet changing consumer demands.
Manufacturers that can get products on the shelves quickly and efficiently are more likely to win over consumers. We can deliver precision plastic components for food processing and packaging equipment to ensure fast performance.
Food Processing Parts/Applications
High-performance plastic parts are essential to food processing machinery. At Advanced Industrial, we offer the following components for a range of applications:
- Plastic Parts. We can machine a variety of high-performance plastic parts with high precision. We machine parts that resist wearing and chipping, tolerate heat, and offer dimensional stability.
- Custom Bearings. Performance plastic bearings can outperform many metal bearings. They offer heat, moisture, wear, and chemical resistance. We can machine FDA compliant, maintenance-free, and oil-free bearings for food processing applications.
- Custom Gears. We machine custom precision plastic gears to suit a variety of specifications at a lower cost than alternative options.
The following applications depend on high-performance plastic parts to deliver reliable performance without failing prematurely or contaminating food products:
- Food Conveying
- Industrial Tubing
- Seafood Processing
- Meat Processing
- Dairy Products
- Baked Goods
- Confectionery Production
Advanced Industrial Materials for Food Processing
At Advanced Industrial, we offer a variety of high-performance plastic materials for use in food processing components. These include:
- PEEK. PEEK is a high-performance thermoplastic material that offers good resistance to harsh chemicals, excellent mechanical strength, and dimensional stability. This material is also resistant to water, steam, and temperatures up to 250° C.
- Acetal. The FDA and USDA-compliant acetal MDT is ideal for food processing applications. It is non-porous and offers high hardness, rigidity, and dimensional stability. We also offer FDA Blue Acetal.
- Ertalyte. This material features high wear resistance and dimensional stability. It also offers low moisture absorption, high strength, low coefficient of friction, and resistance to moderate acids. Ertalyte comes in black FDA-complaint varieties and natural varieties compliant with the FDA, USDA, Canada AG, and A3-Dairy.
- PTFE. PTFE has a remarkably low coefficient of friction, resistance to chemicals, and low surface tension. It also has high-temperature resistances from -200° C to 260° C and is resistant to electricity and flames. PTFE is a desirable material for packing and handling foods for its non-stick properties.
- Torlon®. This material has high thermal stability, withstanding temperatures of up to 275° C. Torlon also features good chemical resistance and high compression and tensile strength. Its strength and stiffness make it an ideal replacement for large metal parts in various food production applications.
Food Processing Machinery Solutions From Advanced Industrial
Machine parts in the food processing industry must be capable of withstanding extreme environments while complying with strict industry standards. At Advanced Industrial, we can deliver a range of precision machined plastic parts from various food-grade materials. To learn more about our capabilities for the food processing industry, contact us today.